St. Pius Tenth Church | Faith Formation
The Catholic Connections Handbook for Middle Schoolers 2021-2022
The Catholic Faith Handbook for Youth 2021-2022
The Catholic Connections Handbook for Middle Schoolers
Chapter 17 Quiz
You'll receive a copy of the quiz
1. Saint John is called the _______ because he spread the 'Good News.'
2. John calls the Holy Spirit the _______, meaning a helper and supporter
3. Water is a symbol for the _______'s actions in Baptism.
4. _______ means 'God with us.'
1. During Mass, when the priest says, 'Make holy, therefore, these gifts, we pray, by sending down your Spirit upon them,' he is asking that _______
the bread and wine will become the Body and Blood of Christ
the congregation will be blessed
the people gathered will be filled with the Holy Spirit
2. Before his Ascension, Jesus advised the Apostles that they will carry out his mission through _______
reliance upon one another for advice and comfort
the help of the Holy Spirit, who will guide them
their memories of him, which will strengthen them during adversity
3. Fire is a symbol of the Holy Spirit because it is _______
a powerful destroyer of impurity
transforming and full of energy
vital for survival
4. One of the first powers that Jesus gave to the Apostles after his Resurrection was the ability to _______
Short Answer (Optional)
How does the Holy Spirit act in the Church?