St. Pius Tenth Church | Faith Formation
The Catholic Connections Handbook for Middle Schoolers 2021-2022
The Catholic Faith Handbook for Youth 2021-2022
The Catholic Faith Handbook for Youth
Chapter 20 Quiz
You'll receive a copy of the quiz
True or False
1. The roots of our celebration of the Eucharist are found in the Old Testament account of the Exodus.
2. The word Eucharist comes from a Greek word meaning 'celebration.'
3. In the Eucharist our earthly praise and thanksgiving is joined to the perfect worship of God by the saints and angels in Heaven.
4. The Eucharist makes present Christ's saving actions: his sacrifice on the cross.
5. Transubstantiation refers to the priest's repetition of the prayers at the Last Supper.
6. After Consecration the bread and wine truly become the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ.
7. The Eucharistic liturgy is also called the Mass because it involves large groups of people
8. The Mass is composed of three primary parts.
9. Only a priest or bishop may preside at the Eucharist, because their ordination gives them the special character needed to represent Christ.
10. Someone who is guilty of unconfessed mortal sin may receive the Eucharist if he or she feels truly sorry.
Short Answer (Optional)
Identify and explain three ways Jesus Christ is present in the Eucharist.