St. Pius Tenth Church | Faith Formation
The Catholic Connections Handbook for Middle Schoolers 2021-2022
The Catholic Faith Handbook for Youth 2021-2022
The Catholic Faith Handbook for Youth
Chapter 36 Quiz
You'll receive a copy of the quiz
True or False
1. The Virgin Mary works through the theological virtues to draw us into relationship with the Trinity.
2. All of God's Word is an expression of his love for us
3. Praying with Scripture transforms us into the people God intends us to be.
4. The Bible was written just for the people of one time and is now considered out of date.
5. Praying with Scripture is like studying Scripture - both involve our intellect
6. The lectio divina method of prayer comes to us from the monastic tradition.
7. Lectio divina means 'reading as lecture.'
8. The purpose of lectio divina is to be in God's presence by praying with Scripture.
9. Ignatian Gospel meditation uses the imagination to draw us into a real encounter with Jesus.
10. Ignatian Gospel meditation is a method that was developed by Saint Augustine.
Short Answer (Optional)
List and describe the five steps of lectio divina.